Sunday 1 January 2012

Jsky: New Year's Resolutions 2012

Last year my ambition was to be an independent man. To pay my own way, live alone and be credited on my own merits. It was a tough year, but I kept to my resolutions. I sacrificed a holiday abroad to pay for a mortgage. I took a step back from promoting other people's events to focus on promoting myself, my music and my blog. I also continued to turn down background and TV extra work and concentrated on projects that would be more beneficial to gaining the recognition I sought.

My new year's resolutions for 2012 are as follows:
- To become more involved with politics and charities
- To improve my physical appearance
- To read more often


My main aim for 2012 is to feel free. We are all anchored somewhat by our friends, family, homes and jobs, but I've got a craving for freedom. I'm considering meditating but I don't want to follow any preordained doctrines. I want to teach myself to feel more open and have a better understanding of what I want and what makes me most happy. I think we live in a world that distracts us from who we are and who we can be. We are all very much taught what to want and what to need in an attempt to keep us controlled and unable to gain any real influence or power. This year I would like to start to unlock more of my own capabilities but I would also like to help more people around me.

No comments: