Friday 12 August 2011

Jskychat Exclusive: Nico Mirallegro Interview




Nico Mirallegro executed the complex character of Newt in a gripping storyline of young love, schizophrenia and hedonism in Hollyoaks. He has since left to star in the 'Upstairs, Downstairs'. I caught up with Nico for a quick chat and some cool new pictures.

For those who don't know, what is Upstairs, Downstairs?
Upstairs/Downstairs is a period BBC Drama set in the 1930's. It is set in a household where it's divided. Upstairs of the house is for the owners, family & friends. Downstairs is where all the workers stay e.g maid, footman, cook... It focuses on the two different style of lives they all live.

Tell me about your character, and what you like about this particular role?
I play a character called Johnny Proude, who is the footman of the house. He comes from a northern mining village in search of some proper work. In the first series he developed a relationship with the house maid, which all turns sour.

Do you miss working on Hollyoaks, and do you still watch it?
Yeah I still miss everyone at Hollyoaks, because it was like a massive family! But we do a lot of charity football matches, so I see them all the time!

You're really into your football aren't you? Tell me about that. Are you any good?
I love football, I'm a massive fan of MUFC...also a season ticket holder! Apparantly I'm not too bad myself..? :)

What can we expect to see from you in the future? What would be your ideal next role?
There's something on the BBC called 'Body Farm' coming out in October I think... (they never tell us when it's coming out). I'm playing a heroin addict/rentboy so that was interesting! It's a spin off from 'Waking the dead' so it should be GOOD!

What actors do you look up to or are you a fan of?
Di Caprio/Johnny Depp/Marlon Brando - Three actors I really look up to and aspire towards!

Lastly, what do you think of Jsky? Be as honest as you like.
Your dancing is terrible and your fashion sense is 'not arsed'. The blog is great because it's got so much variety to it and news about different things.

Stay tuned for more Jskychat Exclusives....



Photography by Jskyphotography. All rights reserved.

No comments: