Sunday 4 December 2016

Jsky Dominates Best Dressed Lists 2016

Parklife Festival
I chose Manchester festival Parklife as the idyllic gateway to express my love of intergalactic colours with a cute two-piece by Dead Lovers Fashion; a brand which has so far failed to reach the dizzying heights it so deserves. Accentuated further with purple infused overgrown perfect circle glasses from boutique haven Affleck’s Palace, minimal make-up contouring and a sharp fade compliments of my mother, I was well prepared to emerge rock chic come rain or come shine. With boots and a backpack, cropped tights and a tight choker, the loud prints that dominated this look were given a classic 80s frame. I picked a simple curved stud earring set from Topshop to complete the look.

 

Manchester Evening News Diary Party
I wanted to take monochrome realness to a whole new level when it came to working on this blazer with my Mum. Complete with new hair by the wonderfully talented PAIX I was really feeling all of my oats. Opting for a diamante infused black pear drop earring teamed with spray on skinny leatherette jeans, I paid homage to regal rock glam whilst nodding to modern day opulence eleganza. My look was cemented with oxblood chrome capped boots from Topman and a matching deep root mahogany upcycled clutch from COW.
It couldn’t be a style round-up without a mention for everyone’s favourite fashionista Jsky could it now? When we asked Jsky how he would describe his red carpet look, complete with newly braided hair and leather look skinny jeans, he said: “Alien versus Predator”. Jsky, we salute you.” Dianne Bourne– Diary Editor at Manchester Evening News

Manchester Fashion Industry AW Metallica 2016
Daydreaming between the past and the future, I amalgamated retro double denim vibes whilst embracing metallic tones, glitter and severe anime fantasy. Debuting my latest earring creation (the largest to date), in the style of the Venn diagram I mixed fashion and philosophy with friends and prosecco. Hot pants and platform wedge boots married with homemade plastic shins lifted the look (quite literally) to new levels whilst pink lipstick kept it cute and trashy. Electric blue nails and ocean storm hair with midnight glitter lashings scattered across my forehead and eyes like constellations. Heads turned and the Internet spoke. A denim choker from online boutique La Moda was the final touch to this daring ensemble.
The boozy event provided ample opportunity for local fashionistas to out-glitz each other with some show-stopping and near-blindingly bright, sparkly outfits, with more glitter on show than on a MAC beauty counter. Not on former boxing world champion, Ricky Hatton, mind. But Jsky on the other hand...” L’Oreal Blackett – Fashion and Beauty Editor at Manchester Confidential

No comments: