Tuesday 20 January 2015

Jsky - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On Vs. Lexie X Fastlane - Never Say No



"I would be lying if I was to say the new song "Never Say No" by Lexie X Fastlane isn't a tune. It's footstompingly good. The similarities between that and my version of "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On" however are painstakingly obvious. The intro riff that has become somewhat of a hook, the bass line, the piano and other instrumentation. I can't say whether my song has been copied, and if it has been this isn't something I can necessarily take credit for as the production was done by someone else. I was responsible for the lyrics. I re-wrote an 80s classic and laid down some smooth vocals. I heard "Never Say No" for the first time on BBC 1Xtra last weekend. I had been told about it for a few weeks after someone first thought my song was on the radio. Like I said, it's a great song, but it's frustrating as it appears to be heavily influenced by one of my tracks that I worked incredibly hard on and gigged around the country for the best part of last year." Jsky

No comments: