Sunday 10 April 2011

Jsky Live at Bijou



Last night I performed my club smash 'I Need A Lover' at Bijou Club, Manchester. It was so much fun! I'd been involved with Bijou for what was coming up to 2 years now. They regularly play the track, but this was the first time I'd ever gigged in there. Tom 'Da Lips' Lormor, resident Saxophone player was on hand to accompany with his trademark improvisational fills and trills on the intro and outo adding beautifully to what has become known as a killer house track across the North of the UK.

I got a real sense of excitement from the crowd and felt somewhat liberated to whip my hair Willow Smith style in the breaks. The crowd were really feeling me, and I'm not one to blow my own Sax ;). Other local Manchester rising star Malia A and her management, along with various other models/footballers/etc were amongst those in the audience. Camera's flashing, single spotlight, all eyes on Jsky. What a rush!

It was all over too quickly. I'm a real music addict. Back to the drawing board: lyrics; life; pain.

No comments: